BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

This Hyper Model does not include 3D models

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

I have been publishing revised BIMx models from the same publisher set all year, so the settings have always been identical. However the last time I published it the BIMx and opened it on a Mac or windows desktop viewer it opens with the error message 'This Hyper-model does not include 3D models' and only the sky is visible. There are no 2D layouts in the BIMx

Any ideas why the 3D information would vanish?

Archicad 22
Windows 10

Thank you for any assistance!

Harriette
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
A little bit of further information:

When I publish the BIMx this error appears: "This hyper model can only be viewed with the latest iOS version of BIMx"

Does this mean the BIMx model therefore cannot be viewed on Windows? If so why would this be the case?
Hello Harriette,

Your BimX desktop viewer is a software which seems to be updated like an iOS or Android App.
BimX application is developed in parallel with the Archicad application.
Also you need to consider your Archicad version to know if your Bimx application can read your Bimx export.

You have to understand that Bimx was born on iOS more the 6 years ago because it was and is always the best device to develop all BimX pro is able to become. that's why BimX is available before on iOs and then on the other device which include android, but macOS and windows too.

Finally when you see you BimX on a macOS or windows you only see a part of your BimX file. I invite you to open your bimx file on a smartphone or a tablet (windows surface pro isn't a tablet) to take all the best of your project.

Have a great day,
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Learn and get certified!