Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Those 3D lines should not be there. How to remove them?

Durval
Booster
I am building a counter with complex profile walls.
In the image, you can see the complex profile I created (and applied to walls) at the left side.
At the bottom right, there is the plan view, where you can see the four walls used to create the counter and their reference lines. Notice that one of the curved walls has its direction opposite to the others. Despite this, they connect smoothly in plan view.
At the top right, there is the 3D view, where the problem manifests: those lines between two walls. I tried to change wall direction, but was not able to make it, as the higher part of the counter would not connect.
Anyway the wall direction does not seem to be an issue, because the other connection between the two curved walls with 'conflicting' direction is ok.
I would like to create 3D details and elevations, and these lines would mess these drawings. I Know I can unlink 3D doc or elevation from models and delete the undesired lines, but I'd rather avoid this method, as it is likely that the counter goes under modifications and unlinked drawings would require laborious manual updates.
How can I make a perfect connection in 3D?
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Not a real answer... but a possible workaround if you don't need the edit-ability of walls... is to select your assembly and right click/Convert to Morph... As a Morph, I believe you can select any edges you don't want to see and hide them?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Durval
Booster
That is a good idea, Karl. But before trying that, it occurred me to try something else: delete the counter's right half (two walls) , then mirror a copy of the left half, then mirror again in the other axis, so that I would have exactly the same plan as before (wall directions a bit different). I don't know why, but it worked!
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
DGSketcher
Legend
AC can be very sensitive at connections. If meeting points are not exact these lines will appear. I find pulling the elements clearly apart and then dragging them back to meet, zooming in if necessary, usually fixes these things.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Karl Ottenstein
Glad you solved it, Durval! 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB