Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Title Display Order

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if there is a way in Plotmaker of managing the display order of a title seperately from the drawing it's attached to? Maybe I'm missing something, but if you want to have a title visible in front of a drawing that includes some solid colour fills, it seems it always ends up behind them. And bring to front won't bring the title seperately in front of it's drawing.

And another seperate issue - who knows what happened to outline text style in Plotmaker? On the Mac at least, it disapppeared in v.9. Just a little loss.

Regards
23 REPLIES 23
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ahh... Project Prefs! Thanks, Rod!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well my problem with Master layout is in AC9, this option of bringing it in the front or back does not exist. I'm sure that there is a registry key but I can not find it.
My other question with the classic 3D navigation palette is in AC10.
Any more suggestions?

Zoltán
Thomas Holm
Booster
Zoltan,

there IS a Classic 3D navigation palette available in AC10, but I don't think it auto-hides. I haven't used it much though, since I think the new Orbit feature is sooo much better!
Anonymous
Not applicable
THX I found it, I had to open an additional row in the ikon taskbar for it 😞 it occupies place also when it is out of use... Anyway I like the orbit navigation in axonometric projection mode, but the old palette had many other buttons, like the angel of the perspective view cone etc.
Although I think we are getting far from the original subject "Title display order" let me ask how to realise 'perspective correction lens' effect in perspective view in AC 10. You know you are standing at a fixed point (eg. in the door of the garden) but the building's upper part is out of the view, while there is too much of the ground. You will not tilt the camera for not getting the vertical lines converged, neither go farther (out of the garden). In AC9 it was easy to 'pull down' the view with the mouses's wheel-button without changing the horizon, or angle of the camera. I hoped that in AC10 it would be able to save this panning value with the camera settings, but instead of developing this function, it is now completely missing of AC10. Actually if you push the wheel-button in perspective mode, it turns the view instead of panning it. I have to save back my projects in AC9 if I want to render in perspective view.
It's a good thing to get closer to the 3D gaming navigation but I think that we are gettig farther of architecture...
Balázs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zoltán wrote:
let me ask how to realise 'perspective correction lens' effect in perspective view in AC 10. You know you are standing at a fixed point (eg. in the door of the garden) but the building's upper part is out of the view, while there is too much of the ground. You will not tilt the camera for not getting the vertical lines converged, neither go farther (out of the garden). In AC9 it was easy to 'pull down' the view with the mouses's wheel-button without changing the horizon, or angle of the camera. I hoped that in AC10 it would be able to save this panning value with the camera settings, but instead of developing this function, it is now completely missing of AC10.
I had also noted this missing, but in earlier versions it was also not possible to save this panned view in your saved 3D views in the navigator. As it isn't the true camera view, this does make sense but is quite limiting.

When I've wanted a shift vertically to reduce foreground but maintain parallel verticals, I've often increased my camera angle to get the correct top of the required picture then cropped the image after rendering, i.e. the top edge of the camera will be your final edge but you have to crop left, right & bottom.

Note: if you need a particular resolution, you will have to make the rendering larger to compensate.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think it's great that pans and zooms in the 3D window are actually being saved now.

Sounds like you guys may want to use your Navigator Preview for all that it's worth. You can still change the camera angle, as well as pan vertically.

Check the attached image.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Zoltán wrote:
It's a good thing to get closer to the 3D gaming navigation but I think that we are gettig farther of architecture...
Amen, brother!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
I think it's great that pans and zooms in the 3D window are actually being saved now.

Sounds like you guys may want to use your Navigator Preview for all that it's worth. You can still change the camera angle, as well as pan vertically.

Dear Link,

please start your AC9 and check my problem again, you did not understand it.
In AC 10 if you pan the view it changes the horizon height, that's the problem. In AC8-8.5-9 it was possible to pan the view without changing the horizon height or azimuth of the camera.
To explain better the situation check the paragraph 'Perspective correction at exposure' at the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_correction#Perspective_correction_at_exposure
This is the base of architectural photography, and it is lost in AC10. We could say, that Graphisoft completely unfitted AC for architectural photography. Now it is only possible to get the same result with much work (after rendering) like Ray said. Is this the development tactic of Graphisoft?
A can only repeat myself... we are getting farther from architecture...
Zoltán
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ray wrote:
When I've wanted a shift vertically to reduce foreground but maintain parallel verticals, I've often increased my camera angle to get the correct top of the required picture then cropped the image after rendering, i.e. the top edge of the camera will be your final edge but you have to crop left, right & bottom.
Zoltan, I understand that the effect of what Ray describes is really what you want. Earlier AC versions allowed a pan to work like that, but they did not store this pan (since in reality it was a crop - AC stores viewpoints, directions and angles). I haven't tried it in AC10, but the obvious way is of course to increase the camera angle like Ray describes, save the view, place it on a layout and crop it there. THAT crop is stored.

This will be a problem if you render in Lightworks, because you'll have to increase the rendering resolution (more pixels) to get a good enough image.

But if you use the internal engine for line perspectives, or export 3D and render outside of Archicad, it shouldn't matter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course I've been rendering with Lightworks since it it is available.
I don't want to wait for rendered pixels, which I'll crop afterwards.
I liked in previous versions that you could get a final picture without any complications and timeloss. Now this is not possible.
Zoltán