Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Title Display Order

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if there is a way in Plotmaker of managing the display order of a title seperately from the drawing it's attached to? Maybe I'm missing something, but if you want to have a title visible in front of a drawing that includes some solid colour fills, it seems it always ends up behind them. And bring to front won't bring the title seperately in front of it's drawing.

And another seperate issue - who knows what happened to outline text style in Plotmaker? On the Mac at least, it disapppeared in v.9. Just a little loss.

Regards
23 REPLIES 23
Djordje
Ace
Ray wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way in Plotmaker of managing the display order of a title seperately from the drawing it's attached to?
AFAIK the background of the title is opaque by default, you have to set it to be transparent, and it is always in front of the drawing?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ray

If you mean you want the title to show over a drawing that overlaps it, use the polygon frame (in Drawing Setting - Frame Output and Color tab) for your placed drawing and add vertices, stretch it around your title.
HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
AFAIK the background of the title is opaque by default, you have to set it to be transparent, and it is always in front of the drawing?
Djordje,

This doesn't seem to be the case for me. For me the title is always behind the drawing, and a bring to front action doesn't change this. And no matter wether the title is opaque or transparent it's always hidden by whatever may be in the drawing.

See attached snapshot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhhh, those titles. Oops
Djordje
Ace
Ray wrote:
This doesn't seem to be the case for me. For me the title is always behind the drawing, and a bring to front action doesn't change this. And no matter wether the title is opaque or transparent it's always hidden by whatever may be in the drawing.
ARGH!

You are right, just re-checked; could have sworn that the title is always IN FRONT of the drawing, which is the logical place for it !?!?! Will check if this is officially a bug, because it should be!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Will check if this is officially a bug, because it should be!
Thanks Djordje
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem in PM 9 with drawings on the master layout, they are always in the background.
Once I found the registry key in Windows to set it in the front but I installed a new computer and actually I don't find this key.
Any suggestions?
BTW I also want to turn on the classic 3D navigation palette which automatically disappeared switching to 2D window and didn't occupy a new row in the icon bar. It had many useful switches like Undo last change of view, perspective view cone slideswitch etc... which is the appropriate registry key?
THX.:

Zoltán
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Ray wrote:
ARGH!

You are right, just re-checked; could have sworn that the title is always IN FRONT of the drawing, which is the logical place for it !?!?! Will check if this is officially a bug, because it should be!
I don't have time to check right now, but I seem to recall that in AC10 (at least build 987) there's a parameter (check box or whatever) somewhere in the layout or master layout settings that lets you put the master in front or behind the layout's contents. Slap me if I dreamt!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Thomas wrote:
/............. Slap me if I dreamt!
Not dreaming, Tom.
Picture 1.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |