Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Title Types

Anonymous
Not applicable
While exploring the new options in plotmaker, specifically the Title Types, I've been unable to link the title to the drawing name without showing the .plt extension. Note: My preferance is to Hotlink to files, as opposed to the model. Also, it would be ideal to include a graphic scale that adjusts to the drawing scale automatically - but at the moment I'm without ideas.

Any advise to overcome these limitations...
13 REPLIES 13
aahatimo
Newcomer
Dom wrote:
While exploring the new options in plotmaker, specifically the Title Types, I've been unable to link the title to the drawing name without showing the .plt extension. Note: My preferance is to Hotlink to files, as opposed to the model. Also, it would be ideal to include a graphic scale that adjusts to the drawing scale automatically - but at the moment I'm without ideas.
Any advise to overcome these limitations...
dom,
i have been trying out this new feature also, but w/ not much luck. i have looked both thru the booklet that came w/ 8.1 cd (usa), pages 64 - 69, and the help files. there is quite a bit of info in the booklet, but what is shown there does not appear in the basic template included w/ ac8.1 /pm3.1. there is only 1 title type there & no option for others, the booklet shows 4.
i believe you can create your own w/ auto text to achieve what you want. but why are there not different standard ones to tweak? how do you copy the basic title from the template? it crashed on me when i tried...
again a new great feature w/ poor documentation.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
i believe you can create your own w/ auto text to achieve what you want. but why are there not different standard ones to tweak?
INT has more, at the moment I have 8; are you SURE you are not checking after opening a 3.0 LBK? Do a New&Reset and check again.

how do you copy the basic title from the template? it crashed on me when i tried...
When in Tree by Subsets, the Title Types are at the bottom of the list. Click on Title types. Right click on a title that you want to edit, Copy. Right click on Title Types, Paste. You will notice the same Title added to the end of the Title list. Rename and edit as required.

HTH,
aahatimo
Newcomer
Djordje wrote:
INT has more, at the moment I have 8;
you guys are lucky! does anyone else w/ us version have this problem. maybe i need to reinstall pm3.1.
are you SURE you are not checking after opening a 3.0 LBK? Do a New&Reset and check again.
tim hanagan
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Copy and paste have worked just fine for me in order to create a custom title bar either into an imported Title Type after the original graphic had been deleted, or a new Title Type created in plotmaker.

The difficulty for me has been with the 'Insert Autotext'. Using the 'Drawing Name' option, my plotmakers files are titled with the file extension included; eg. Floor Plan.pmk.

If I choose to link the drawings to quickviews from the model directly, the file extension will no longer appear - however, it is my preference to link directly to plotmaker files as I have found the update process too so when linking directly to the model and much quicker to just publish the specific drawings from ArchiCAD that I wish to update.

I have also noticed the there are commands within the <> brackets of text boxes that Plotmaker will interperet and execute. Are there any strings that I can add that will delete the file extension off the drawing name leaving me with the desired title?
Anonymous
Not applicable
When in Tree by Subsets, the Title Types are at the bottom of the list. Click on Title types. Right click on a title that you want to edit, Copy. Right click on Title Types, Paste. You will notice the same Title added to the end of the Title list. Rename and edit as required.

Holding The Ctrl key while dragging the Title Type will also produce a copy
aahatimo
Newcomer
Dom wrote:

The difficulty for me has been with the 'Insert Autotext'. Using the 'Drawing Name' option, my plotmakers files are titled with the file extension included; eg. Floor Plan.pmk.
If I choose to link the drawings to quickviews from the model directly, the file extension will no longer appear -

i guess since the drawing name is "*.pmk", pm will name it that. linked drawings are named in ac8 navigator. does the same thing happen w/ imported images? maybe gs is sending a message linked drawings are now the preference. or a break down in the new pm titling system. i hope not, it is a great new feature!
tim hanagan
Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC8.1 and PM3.1 the <DRAWINGNAME> autotext works correctly if you link directly to the PLN (or PLP) but not if the drawing is linked to a file. (I must admit that I feel foolish for not catching this sooner.) This means that for the time being the only way to auto-title drawings acceptably is to bring them in from or through ArchiCAD. DWGs imported directly into PlotMaker will suffer from the same problem.

This hasn't really been an issue for me (yet) since I (still) do all my titling in ArchiCAD and we have started to import all our drawings from the PLP* file. I see the drawing title feature in PlotMaker (for now at least) to be most potentially useful in schematic and design development phases where it will help to give the drawings a more polished look very quickly without much setup or coordination.

*We are starting to use teamwork on ALL our projects now. It works so quickly in 8.1 that there seems to be no real
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been working with the title types and my problem with them (besides the file extension) is that in details and sections the detail number is part of the <Drawing Name> autotext. So I end up with an autonumber in the bubble, but another number in the drawing name. I would have thought that the logical approach is to use either the autonumber OR the detail number in the bubble, and the detail name (not number) as the name. Yet another "almost cool" feature.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
I've been working with the title types and my problem with them (besides the file extension) is that in details and sections the detail number is part of the <Drawing Name> autotext.
I am a moron. It just occured to me that the names in the view sets are what it's displaying. Nevermind!