Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Title Types

Anonymous
Not applicable
While exploring the new options in plotmaker, specifically the Title Types, I've been unable to link the title to the drawing name without showing the .plt extension. Note: My preferance is to Hotlink to files, as opposed to the model. Also, it would be ideal to include a graphic scale that adjusts to the drawing scale automatically - but at the moment I'm without ideas.

Any advise to overcome these limitations...
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Re: Title Type Drawing Names in 3.1:
So, I have spent a few hours reading the help menus, trying to figure out how to get the file extension out of the drawing name autotext. Even the little box at the bottom of the placed drawing reads, "FOUNDATION PLAN.pmk". I see I'm not the only one struggling with this. I thought that a good solution would be to use the Layer Combination from the ArchiCAD drawing as the autotext string, and I see there's an option reading, "Set as Autotext Reference" on the drawing context menu, but I can't figure out what that does, or how to use the Layer Combination as an autotext reference.
Djordje
Ace
Lee wrote:
So, I have spent a few hours reading the help menus, trying to figure out how to get the file extension out of the drawing name autotext.
You can't. Link directly to the view from the PLN. Make sure that all is in place - but, as you already published the PMKs, it probably is.

Use the same set of views you used for publishing PMKs.

With 8.1 you do not need the PMKs any more. Renderings also come across quite OK (3D view, Photorendering window as the source).
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
aahatimo
Newcomer
Djordje wrote:
You can't. Link directly to the view from the PLN. Make sure that all is in place - but, as you already published the PMKs, it probably is.
Use the same set of views you used for publishing PMKs.
With 8.1 you do not need the PMKs any more. Renderings also come across quite OK (3D view, Photorendering window as the source).
djordie,
great news about images coming into pm3.1 correctly now. no more black rectangles!
on the other hand,i imagine some users prefer not to be forced to change thier pmk ways. i, will continue to be a "linker". but then i am a new ac user, basicly started w/ ac8.
for the "pmkers", would it be possible for those wanting to use pmk format to link the pmk to the model, then give a name in ac8.1 navigator?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Djordje
Ace
aahatimo wrote:
on the other hand,i imagine some users prefer not to be forced to change thier pmk ways.
///
for the "pmkers", would it be possible for those wanting to use pmk format to link the pmk to the model, then give a name in ac8.1 navigator?
As I said before, my crystal ball is in the workshop ...

It should be possible, as the extension is shown for ANY file that is linked - DWG, XLS, DOC, whatever. It should NOT be so.

I was an avid PMKer, but I use the PMKs only for the projects that are still in 7 (were started there, and they are going to be finished there). This week I started revising a 8.0 project, and am using 3.1 LBK - cannot get enough of the Print stup button!

Duh ... some people have a life ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen