BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Total area of duplex apartment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody

I was wondering i there's a non-manual way to add up areas of different floors into a zone so I can show the total area of one duplex. Maybe "zone" is not the tool for doing this?

I am quite new in archicad so i'm sorry if the question has a very obvious answer! i didn't find any solutions using the search tool.

Thank you very much in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
DGSketcher
Legend
Yes there is.

Have a look here to get you started...

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?s=Schedules&versions=version-18

I would suggest you look at some kind of coding for the zone IDs that will let you filter / sort the various zones. You could also use the zone categories, storeys and layers to differentiate the zones according to what you need.

You need to be working with SCHEDULES and not LISTS! Just in case you wondered if there was a difference.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Thank you very much for your answer!

I've started to see how schedules work and it looks interesting. More or less I figured out how to show all my measured areas and I have to work a bit more to see how to arrange them (IDs etc.)

But anyway, my aim is to show the sqm in the plans too. I have a block with 20 apartments of different kinds, so for each apartment I have made a zone with transparent fill that shows the type, number of apartment and total usable area. But I don't know how to do this with the 4th type which are duplex. I have even tried to do it manually, adding a custom text that shows area in 2nd floor and total area, but I can only add this custom text in 1:50, so it is obvious this is not the way to do it ...

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance of course
DGSketcher
Legend
The schedules get their data from the 3D model, so you are not limited to scheduling by storey if that is the problem? I am not certain what you are trying to display but at a very simple level if you created a category per apartment you could "group" these. If we have the same basic schedules in the default template there is one called "Zone categories by floor". Open the scheme settings and drag the storey reference down one row. That may be closer to what you want?

Perhaps you could post an image of what you want to achieve?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, thanks

yes, what I want is to show the square meters in the plan, like in this capture (text are in norwegian 😉

the label shows: number of apartment, type of apartment and sqm in first floor and second floor, and total sqm (BRA means usable area)
Capture.PNG
DGSketcher
Legend
I wouldn't display my information like that, I would prefer to label the flat ID / TYPE with a zone and have a schedule to the side of the layout / drawing sheet with the area information.

Without getting into GDL programming you won't get the zone stamp to display the areas like you have shown. A workaround would be to create a schedule per apartment and place it as an overlay on each apartment displayed on the layout / drawing sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know but sometimes clients are a bit picky...
But I'll try to make the schedule work, and after that I'm sure everything will solve easily
Thanks for your tips!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hei again!

I just wanted to continue this topic because I managed to make a proper schedule as you suggested and it works *almost* perfect!

Here is the only thing I can't figure out how to solve:

I made my schedule where I show the name of each apartment, the type and the sqm. I set the same number and type for both storeys of each duplex, so when "Merge Uniform Items" is enabled they magically sum up and I have the total sqm for the duplex. Great.

But then I saw this useful tool to sum up areas and units under Scheme settings, and I thought it would be really good to show total number of apartments and total area. With the sqm I don't have any problems, but when doing the sumatory of units, duplex count as two units instead of one, so the number of apartments is incorrect.

I don't know if I explaned well. Any chance that I can customize that sum?

Attached the bottom part of the list where you can see the number of apartments - where it says 29, there should be 23.

Any ideas are welcome, thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey

in your schedule settings, have you set it to sum up the number of units as well as their area? I guess there's no way to make it not count all the number of zones; if they are 29 then the schedule would show that.
workaround would be to not sum them automatically and then in your layout (ie not in the schedule) add some text over that box to say 23.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer. I will indeed write it in the layout.
best regards
Learn and get certified!