Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Trace & Reference not lining up

dhnguyen
Contributor

I have been using Trace & Reference for a few years and it's working just fine. There is 1 particular file that has a bug in it and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I already have several stories. I created a new story (let's call it 4th story) to paste my info into it. When I paste the plan into it, I made sure that it's paste in the Original Location.

When I turn on my Trace and Reference Tool, this new story that I created is way off the chart, I have to activate the "Move" tool in Trace and Reference to move it to where it's supposed to be. Pls help me fix this, it's only happening on this one specific file and I'm not sure why.

11.PNG

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Turn on the trace reference and display of the storey below. Use the trace reference Reset to default position option.

Is the contents of the 4th storey supposed to be directly over the 3rd storey? If yes then display the storey below as a trace reference and drag the 4th storey information to the trace reference. Your new 4th storey information may have simply been placed in the wrong location.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@dhnguyen , do you mean you are working in Archicad in 2d and when pasting the 2d work for 3rd floor to the 4th ( for example ) that happen? if so that may because the placed PDF or DWG you started from, check this.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
dhnguyen
Contributor

My Archicad file is a combination of 2D and 3D. I pasted a 3D element on a new story, and the origin doesn't line up. Is there a way to check the origin of the main story (1st floor) and check the origin of the new story and see if I can update it to match the origin of the 1st floor?

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

When you paste it asks you where you like to paste did you choose original location ?

yes, definitely, everytime. And the difference in distance is always the same like what I showed in my original post.

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

@Barry Kelly @Karl Ottenstein @DGSketcher @Lingwisyer Sorry I try to help @dhnguyen but can’t so if you can help us pls, thx in advance.

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Turn on the trace reference and display of the storey below. Use the trace reference Reset to default position option.

Is the contents of the 4th storey supposed to be directly over the 3rd storey? If yes then display the storey below as a trace reference and drag the 4th storey information to the trace reference. Your new 4th storey information may have simply been placed in the wrong location.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
dhnguyen
Contributor

That "Reset to Default Position" works perfectly, thank you so much!

Not sure why that happened on the 4th storey content even though I pasted the content in the Original Position. Thanks!!

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Thank you so much @DGSketcher .

pls accept @DGSketcher reply as a solution.