BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trace & Reference seen at the background of the drawing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to publish a project to the pdf with the Trace & Reference seen at the background of the drawing? I know i can use this option at the regular drawing, but is it possible to use it at the final pdf published file?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
The trick is to place both drawings on a Layout, one with your regular pen settings and the other behind and with a gray pen set. Publish to pdf the layout.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
... and the other behind and with a gray pen set
how can i do that?
Eduardo Rolon
Pen Settings are defined in the Drawing properties. Open the Drawing settings and choose from the pen set color grayscale.

To place a drawing behind another one, place the drawing and select - Edit -> Display Order -> Send to Back
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the answer Edurardo. You helped we a lot.
I am just wondering what does the "show reference" checkbox surves at the File->Print window? It doesn`t seem to show the reference after the printing (i am a bit confused, maybe this option was at the Navigator Publising option, or not?)
Anonymous
Not applicable
nedostizni wrote:
...I am just wondering what does the "show reference" checkbox surves at the File->Print window? It doesn`t seem to show the reference after the printing (i am a bit confused, maybe this option was at the Navigator Publising option, or not?)
I haven't tried physically printing, but the reference does show if I use a pdf printer in AC12. Display a single layout on screen with a reference turned on, and manually print. Any luck?

Publishing sets also seem to print references correctly for me.

I'm not sure why yours isn't printing at all. I presume you are running the latest updates? Any coloured ink in the printer?
Learn and get certified!