Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trace reference does not align

Anonymous
Not applicable
In section, I ghost in the plan, hit the reset to default position, and it still does not align. This is intentional?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
Seems to be.

I was caught out by this when working on some detail drawings and using the trace to set section dimensions correctly and finding the elevations way off what they should be.

Like you I though reset to default would place any trace reference on the origin but it only seems to work on plan.

I would like to see this "fixed" but GS deny it's a bug.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
Steven wrote:
In section, I ghost in the plan, hit the reset to default position, and it still does not align. This is intentional?

Thanks.
I am not having any issues - all lines up fine.
I don't think this should make any difference but are you referencing Project Map plan or View Map plan.

Can you post a screen shot of the section with the plan reference (with the section line showing)?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, it is working if I am in section, and trace in the plan.

It does not work if I am in plan and trace in the section, or I'm in elevation and trace in the section.

I'm using the view map as the trace.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too am having this problem, particularly when working with one plan above another. It is really frustrating and seems to be a relatively new issue as it used to work perfectly. Sometimes it does not align by a few mm and other times it can be as much as 65cm. I am on Archicad 20 solo and up to date on software. Any further thougts or ideas would be much appreciated.
TRACE ALIGNMENT.jpeg
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Catherinerw:

Since the reference can be dragged, try the Reset to Default Position button in the Trace & Reference palette (second button from right near the top of the palette).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14