Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trace reference is not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am having some problems with the tracing reference tool, it works when I apply it to a worksheet but between floors it wont trace.. any suggestions.. I attached photos so you can see what I mean.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So, if I understand correctly, you are on Story 0 in the Floor Plan Viewpoint. When you show a Worksheet as Trace Reference, it is displayed correctly, but when you try to show Story -1 as Trace Reference, nothing is displayed.
I am assuming that
a) there are elements in Story -1, and
b) that Story 0 and Story -1 do not have the exact same elements, so elements in Story 0 completely overlap elements in Story -1.
You can actually check this by using either the "Temporarily display Reference" command of the Trace Reference Palette, or the "Switch Reference with Active" command to check whether there is anything on Story -1 to be displayed.

Another thing you may try is to update the graphics card drivers. This is just a shot in the dark, but it may be possible that the driver is causing this display problem.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont know what was happening but I solved by moving all the elements into a new file and it worked again. Thank you anyways
Lingwisyer
Guru
Given that works, maybe try an Repair and Open next time.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660