Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trace-reference layout on layout, text size issue

This is what I am getting on AC25 4013 on MacOS Monterey, when I trace-reference some other layout: the texts in the traced master, and traced drawing including labels, appear huge (most likely in a paper size-model size tracing screwup, but I haven't checked).

I think I have seen this recently on AC24 too but I am not positive.

text size issues on trace-referenced layouttext size issues on trace-referenced layout

6 REPLIES 6

Try updating to the latest build of AC 25 (5005 I think). It fixes many issues. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
DGSketcher
Legend

@Ignacio Azpiazu Is the trace reference possibly (a DWG) imported at the wrong scale e.g. you imported at 1:1 but the trace view is displaying at 1:100?

The trace view should ideally be linked from the View Map rather than Project Map, that way you can check what will be displayed including text sizes.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

It is a layout traced from a layout. 

I've read terrible stories about the latest build. I'll wait until next build.

DGSketcher
Legend

@Ignacio Azpiazu I'm still on Big Sur but I have AC25 5005 running and I'm not seeing Layout on Layout scaling problems. It may be Monterey related (or 4013). There seems to be a lot of bugs blamed on the macOS version just now. Have you reported it to your local support?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Man, if you knew my local Support. Trust me that I know what I am doing.