BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Traditional elevation with Artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I would love to make amazing elevations of my project: textures, shadows, bitmap trees, cars and persons, so I supposed the best idea is to do it in Artlantis.

How can I open an elevation in Artlantis saved from ArchiCAD?

When I make an axonometrical view, I can see al environment, and this doesn't let me see the building.

I'm shure there must be a asy way to transfer an elevation.

Thank you for your help 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
No, you cannot transfer elevations to Artlantis, but they are easy to create there.

In Artlantis you must switch to the Parallel view inspector and then simply set up the view and clipping box that you need for your elevation. Save it. Repeat for all elevations.

Every view in Artlantis, such as an elevation, has its own set of lights and heliodon associated with it. You can use the same for all of course, typical for a 3D flythrough, but for an elevation, you want the surface illuminated, and so will likely want a separate heliodon for each elevation to create the desired effect.

The artistic effects within Artlantis are especially attractive for elevations.

Good luck,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ditto, what Karl said...

And, don't forget...

When you update your AC FILE... be sure to use the REFERENCE FILE in ArtLANTIS to bring back all ELEVATIONS and HELIODONS you created the first time...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your suggestions... all your answers were exactly what I need. Just testing now...

Thank you!!
Learn and get certified!