BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Transparency in Renders & PDF sizes

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In ArchiCAD 7, we could save our ArchiCAD renderings as a 'True Color - 32 bit' tiff image, which could force our background to be transparent. Then we all sat around and ogled over our cool renderings that we could take straight into Photoshop and overlay on an existing background, or set of backgrounds. What happened to this feature?! I feel the need to ogle.

And can anyone enlighten us on the process of saving a Photorendering as PDF? If I have an ArchiCAD rendering that is 1000x1000 pixels at 72 dpi, and save it as a PDF (at 72 dpi), then open it up in Photoshop, the image size shows as 332x332 (1/3 the original size) at 96 dpi!.

It's just a bunch of dots, right?

Cheers,
Link.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
And can anyone enlighten us on the process of saving a Photorendering as PDF? If I have an ArchiCAD rendering that is 1000x1000 pixels at 72 dpi, and save it as a PDF (at 72 dpi), then open it up in Photoshop, the image size shows as 332x332 (1/3 the original size) at 96 dpi!.
I think what you are dealing with is Acrobat's (if that is what you are using) own compression. Just go into the print driver setup and adjust the compression settings or just turn them off. You can then save that setup to be used under this situation again.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hey Brian

Thanks for your reply. I have tried just about every option in the ~Amyuni~ driver dialog, to no avail

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!