Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Transparency of image files

Dennis Lee
Booster
Is there a way to control the transparency of scanned image files inserted into the view?

I am trying to use an aerial photograph as a background for a site vicinity map, on top of which I will have some black line information. I want to make the image a little transparent to make it toned down a bit, so the black lines can read better.

I believe I can use the penset for black line (bitmap) scans to make it greyed out, but I couldn't find a way to tone down a color or greyscale image.

Thanks in advance!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Use "DwightTrik®" #56: Toning images down:

Overlay a white 25% fill with a transparent background over your image and under your linework.
Dwight Atkinson
Dennis Lee
Booster
Thanks a bunch Dwight I'll give it a try first thing tomorrow.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
It worked beautifully. The 12.5% Fill actually shows white dots, whereas 25, 50 and 75% fills are very even fills having the exact effect that I want, as in the photoshop's transparency setting.
SP32-20071113-125925.jpg
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
but the FILL adds LOTS of memory data making the drawing V E R Y slow. Is there a way to shad the image down like in AutoCAD??