BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Transparent glass

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello After the upgrade to archicad 18 i don't seem to be getting the same results on my sketchrenderings .
The shading is to strong and glass is not transparent. i have looked for a way to get transparent glass on sketch renders on this forum for quite some time now without luck. can you help me ?
Attached is the photo of my render using the following settings.
Scene Koh-I-Noor
Engine Sketch
Default Koh-I-Noor settings in enhancements, Sketch line settings Hatch line settings and shadow settings. the 3d window shows glass as transparent
14 REPLIES 14
Stress Co_
Advisor
Fixed with the new update.
Hot fix 4006
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
As update 4006 has been retracted, still having this problem. Even setting glass transparency to 100% does not help. I am having to change my window to an open frame (no glass within it) to be see-through.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Quick workaround: save back to ArchiCAD 17 for making the sketchrender?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Reverse problem, does anyone know how to make the sketch render ignore transparancy now in ArchiCAD18? It used to be if you turned off transparancy in 3d window settings you would not see through glass. This doesn't appear to have any effect now.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I realise this is an old topic, however my office is running ArchiCAD 18 SOLO and we are still having the same problems. Is there an update out soon for SOLO that will resolve this? Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Learn and get certified!