Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Travel Distance - calculated and displayed automatically

Scott Bulmer
Booster
SimpleAddon had a great tool for showing travel distance for exiting purposes. They have not yet updated their add-on for AC21. Does anyone know of another method for displaying travel distance, automatically calculated and displayed (perhaps by using a label to show the cumulative travel distance), and not by measuring via the measure tool. Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
There is a GDL object on bimcomponents.com.
It's german, but I think you can sort this out. (If not: DM me).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
object of travel distance is usefull, I can't find where can I download it.
Karl Griffith
Booster
I have been experimenting with using a simple railing (set up with just one rail, nothing else) to mark and measure travel distances. I have been working with a schedule to identify the measured distances, but the AutoText label can do this as well. And of course a railing can follow stairs slopes.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
For those in the US with a ArchiPlus agreement, there is the Travel Distance USA 20.gsm object available, which will work in AC21.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14