Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Turn off scale on layoutbook

halli
Participant
I would like to put a pdf of a product onto my layout book, then it automatically shows its scale on the drawing ( same with picture ).
Is it possible to turn off that association, just for my pdf, I have other
views on the drawing and I want their scale to show.

I hope you understand what I mean.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the drawing title and open the settings dialog. It should have an option to turn off the scale or replace it with NTS or something. This can vary between title types but all those I have used (and created) include this function.
halli
Participant
Does that not mean that I need to have one layout master specifically for this purpose, so all other drawings in the set will not loose ther scale.
I was hoping there were a setting for the picture (pdf or jpeg) to disconnect scale for that.
Jere
Expert
Select the PDF, open its settings (hit CTRL+t or right-click and select 'Drawing Selection Settings'), then go to the 'Title' subtab and change the title type to 'no title.' You can do this individually for any drawing (internal archiCAD drawing, external PDF, etc.)
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could place the PDF file on a Worksheet at the same scale as a view already placed on the Layout, then place this worksheet view on your Layout. It will read the same scale in Autotext.

What you ask for has been wished for many times.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you putting scale in the layout sheet titleblock? I avoid this due to the exceptions when there are multiple scales on one sheet and prefer to standardize on having (or omitting) scales in the drawing titles.
halli
Participant
Thanks for the help, I think it is better to put it in a view rather than the layout book.
It would be nice to be able to put it directly onto layoutbook and disconnect the scale, lets wish for that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
halli wrote:
Thanks for the help, I think it is better to put it in a view rather than the layout book.
It would be nice to be able to put it directly onto layoutbook and disconnect the scale, lets wish for that.
I'm not sure what you mean by "in a view". I used to put drawing titles in the view itself until the drawing title parts allowed them to be in the layout. In any case it's not necessary to disconnect the scale. You can just turn off the display of it when it is not relevant.

Perhaps I'm not understanding you. It seems to me that what you want is possible right now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Halli is working the way I do, with Autotext in the titleblock (master) for the scale. Putting the PDF in a worksheet and placing the saved view of that onto the layout is what they mean by "in a view".
Jere
Expert
Thanks makes sense s2uart. It's why a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I've run into that problem too, when inserting PDFs of specifications, building code review, etc. I've just chosen to not worry about it.

ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660