Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Turn on the lights

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

I tried to put the lights in ArchiCAD 18, but as you can see in the picture below, they remain always off, and do not understand how to do to turn them

[/img]
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried to increase the light cone (anteprima e posizionamento).

Have you also put the intensity of light on in your render settings? Sun is standard 100%, but lights are standard 0%

J
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, you can see from the image, but it's not work
rgarand
Booster
Looks to me like the lights are on the the preview rendering. You just need to add more, add some ambient lighting, make sure your materials are set up to reflect the light in the way you want, etc.

Lighting in renderings, especially interior lighting, is very complex. I know some architectural colleges have entire classes devoted to lighting alone.

Do some research online and maybe use some of the "canned" templates within ArchiCAD to start.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Eduardo Rolon
There was/is a bug with lights if the setting is not set to 'Realistic" then it will not show in the rendering.
Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 2.33.37 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
where I can get this menu?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Light Settings panel of the Lamp Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not find
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is available only in ArchiCAD 18 so if you have an earlier version you will not have it.
I would be a good idea to place your computer specs and ArchiCAD version in your signature in your Profile.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, I've find from the image