Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Tutorial ArchiCAD to Cinema4D

stefan
Expert
This is my official attemption to get a tip-of-the-month reward 😉

http://www2.asro.kuleuven.ac.be/asro/English/HOME/SBs/tutorial/tips/ac2c4d.htm

I've allready made a few improvements based on the kind review of Karl Ottenstein. Other suggestions are welcomed.

(There are a few minor corrections, which will be visible on 3/11/2003 - our webserver updates overnight)[/img]
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now we are cooking with gas!

Thanks Michael!

This C4D forum will soon be 'the palce to be'. Keep those tutorials coming.

Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx for little tutorial, i will try it right away!

Ciao From Sarajevo
Anonymous
Not applicable
No Problem. You are all welcome.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works, and now i can do the magic!

Next question is about sun, I put the sun object and i cant find anywhere citys, north ? i m only able to move sun with "sun expressions" after i press 10000 icons and hit my mouse hard i was able to move it with move command. So how i can move sun without hiting my keyboard and mouse

What is shotcut for zoom all ?

Where i can turn off autolight option. I was looking in general options but i didt find it?

This is for now, I ll be back !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Autolight is only on if there are no other lights in the scene... once another light is added, the autolight goes off. Personally I have never liked the built in sun. I will just create a light and set the type to either Distant or Parrallel. I can then position the light to where it should be. Give the light a slight bit of color and a hard shadow with about 75% opacity in the shadow setting. Then I just fill in with a light dome to simulate some Global Illumination.

I am hoping to get the light dome tutorial up by the end of this week
Djordje
Ace
MichaelRensing wrote:
Or if you want to work solely in Cinema to make the changes, I have made an 8 step pdf that explains what to do.

Selection Sets.pdf
The Tutorial is moved to Tips&Tricks:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=519
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen