BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion for 23

Barry Kelly
Has anyone heard any news as to when the free version of Twinmotion for Archicad 23 is going to be released?
I see the free current version (build 2019.6) availability time has been extended to 'Early 2020'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
47 REPLIES 47
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is what Epic Games said in their press release:
And finally, to cap off today’s news...
Twinmotion: extended free availability
Powered by Unreal Engine, Twinmotion is a highly intuitive, high-quality solution for fast and easy real-time visualization for architecture, construction, urban planning, and landscaping.

Previously, we’d announced that Twinmotion would remain free until November 2019; once downloaded, you can continue using the free version indefinitely. Today, we’re extending the free availability until our next release of Twinmotion, which is anticipated to ship in the first quarter of 2020. The new version will offer even greater photorealism, improved assets, tools to facilitate collaborative workflows, and more.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-4-24-to-ship-with-free-quixel-megascans-unreal...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
When will Twinmotion for Archicad 23 be released? Is that the question, because I'm already using Twinmotion in ArhiCAD23.

Side note . I'm a bit worried about how much Twinmotion will cost later. This has been the nature of companies such as Lumion and Enscape. They offer the product for free so it becomes part of your process and then they throw a monthly subscription at us. Make sense, because they need to get paid. The subscription then increases once in a while. Sigh.

Hopefully the relationship with Graphisoft allows users to use Twinmotion for free, similar to that of Cinerender. A bit unfortunate, but I personally think Graphisoft should just drop Cinerender. Not where rendering is heading.
Twinmotion 2020 has been announced and is ready for download... but only for purchase on their site. What is the process of upgrading via ArchiCAD 23's license? When I check for updates with the plugin, it says it's up-to-date with Twinmotion 2019.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Apparently the tabs need refreshing sometimes. Download both Twinmotion 2020.1 and the ArchiCAD plugins in the Epic Games Launcher.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Barry Kelly
The problem I have is I had an e-mail to say ...
To install your copy of Twinmotion 2020, open the Epic Games launcher and log in with your Epic account. Select the Twinmotion page in the Unreal Engine tab, and click Install above Twinmotion 2020. Follow the prompts to complete the process.

I work for a largish builder that has it's own IT department.
Because the Epic Games Launcher is seen as gaming, it it not something we can access as it has been blocked.
I may be able to get it unblocked, but they may turn around and say no as it needs to be done on dozens of machines.
What I need is just an installer for Twin motion.
Is there any such thing?

I managed to install the free version some months ago before it was blocked.
But I can no longer access Epic Games Launcher to upgrade.

I will try contacting Twinmotion to see what they say.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Lingwisyer
Guru
Barry wrote:
they may turn around and say no as it needs to be done on dozens of machines

Wouldn't this kind of restriction be implemented via the network firewall rather than per computer? Even if it is per computer, if it is not part of the workplace policy setting that can be modified by the network manager, that would be odd...

Barry wrote:
Is there any such thing?

Doubt this would make any difference as with all these other game launchers, the launcher manages all of the licencing and updates, so the installer would probably end up launching the same problematic launcher...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Barry wrote:
Is there any such thing?

Doubt this would make any difference as with all these other game launchers, the launcher manages all of the licencing and updates, so the installer would probably end up launching the same problematic launcher...

Yes, I notice in Twinmotion menus there are no options to check for updates.
It is all controlled through the launcher.

At the moment I can't even get to the Twinmotion forums as it too is being blocked by our IT system.

It is going o be a real pain to have to install EGL and then install TM through that on 50+ machines.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
Barry wrote:
they may turn around and say no as it needs to be done on dozens of machines

Wouldn't this kind of restriction be implemented via the network firewall rather than per computer? Even if it is per computer, if it is not part of the workplace policy setting that can be modified by the network manager, that would be odd...

Yes it would be a network setting.
But to allow it on my 50+ drafting machines, they will have to allow it on the 500+ other machines in our system.
They are looking at what can be done.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Lingwisyer
Guru
Barry wrote:
It is going o be a real pain to have to install EGL and then install TM through that on 50+ machines.

Use Windows Server Update Services or something similar to deploy it over the network? That will not help with user credentials when it actually comes to using it though...

Barry wrote:
But to allow it on my 50+ drafting machines, they will have to allow it on the 500+ other machines in our system.

Fair enough, wanting to not make it a global change.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!