Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Twinmotion for Archicad 24

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Is Twinmotion Direct available for Archicad 24 and if so where is it? Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
17 REPLIES 17
Carstenem
Expert
Thanks Karl, I just noticed this yesterday and some people mentioned the same on the TM Forum.

It seems like you mentioned it, it is "just" an error message, the link seems to work so far but will look into it more, thanks.

Cheers Carsten
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
I wonder if this is the result of having more than one version of Twinmotion installed? I discovered after "upgrading" to 2020.2, that I had multiple versions installed. It appears that "upgrading" just installs the new version. Uninstalling all but 2020.2 seems to let my system function normally. Not to mention freed up GB's of space.

To uninstall, you have to go the Epic Games Launcher, select the version you want to uninstall, then select "Uninstall" using the gear icon.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Karl Ottenstein
Richard wrote:
I wonder if this is the result of having more than one version of Twinmotion installed? I discovered after "upgrading" to 2020.2, that I had multiple versions installed. It appears that "upgrading" just installs the new version. Uninstalling all but 2020.2 seems to let my system function normally. Not to mention freed up GB's of space.

To uninstall, you have to go the Epic Games Launcher, select the version you want to uninstall, then select "Uninstall" using the gear icon.

Ahh, and grrr. I had simply deleted the 2020.1 folder, as there was no uninstaller visible there. Of course, Epic in its total weirdness would require me to use the Games Launcher to uninstall. (And then via a weird drop-down and then gear icon selection process. Bizarre.) At a total loss as to why nothing about Epic follows either Windows or Mac standards 😞

Presumably, I have preference files somewhere that I have to manually delete at this point...
Nope... deleting twinmotion.2020.1.plist and misc other lint does not get rid of the error message about the just-released plug-in being out of date. Again, it still seems to work... just the out-of-date error message seems to be the issue.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

How do I turn on the Direct Link in my Archicad? I was able to download the plugin, but I can't click on it (see attached).

Thanks,
Jp1138
Expert
arqbeatrizrossi wrote:
Hi,

How do I turn on the Direct Link in my Archicad? I was able to download the plugin, but I can't click on it (see attached).

Thanks,

I don´t know if this is your problem, but you must be in 3D view for it to work.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
mikas
Expert

Sorry if this appears as an unnecessary question...

What version of Twinmotion for ArchiCAD 24 would be latest with fbx support? Or are they all at AC v24 fbx enabled? Maybe it's something from 2020 mid year, late 2020..

I could not find the exact information googling like 15 minutes or so, and I snapped and made a quick post asking you knowledgeable people.

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS

@mikas wrote:

What version of Twinmotion for ArchiCAD 24 would be latest with fbx support? Or are they all at AC v24 fbx enabled? Maybe it's something from 2020 mid year, late 2020..

This thread has nothing to do with FBX.  There are a dozen threads that are about FBX.  Please do a search and post to one of those. 😉

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
mikas
Expert

Well AC24 was the last to do fbx through twinmotion I guess. I know about demand for newly introduced fbx for AC too. But that's not what I am after with this question this time.

Like you said, there are dozens of threads about it, and I just can't find the version of twinmotion to download and install for AC 24 to get TM and FBX combination, preferably the latest of the combination.

I thought someone would just know it and tell me.

But yeah..

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS