Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion - origin/ heliodon problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I am having an issue when importing an archicad 23 file into twinmotion v2019.6
where i cant think of any other word to describe it other than comparing it with what artlantis used to call a 'heliodon' the heliodon or twinmotion origin point appears to be in the wrong position, putting my archicad file hundreds or thousands of meters?? away from where it should be resulting in not being able to select any kind of visible background, no weather/cloud sun effects there is just a region of dark where the sky and clouds should be.

it is basically un-usable like this. I havent been able to find a way to fix this as of yet, i tried defining a user origin. turning on all archicad layers and deleting any 2d and 3d data which is far away, no way of fixing this.

any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

This is a strange one! I have never seen it with Twinmotion. I'm wondering if it is possible your Archicad model is Far from origin, or have a corrupted element that is causing a similar issue (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25447/)? This can be check quickly by going through each story, and click Fit in Window at the bottom.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your reply, the following day i reopened the file and the problem went away by itself so im not sure what happened, perhaps i inadvertantly got rid of the corrupt element as i wasnt able to reproduce this
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have since been able to replicate this issue in another AC23 & AC24 in twinmotion 2019 and 2020.2

I believe it is one of the issues of having the user origin set far away or having additional 2d and or 3d content in the model far away from your current model.