BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Twinmotion: questions and issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Not all elements import into Twinmotion. Some pieces of walls, moldings, especially custom profiles do not transfer through. For some reason the edge of one of the plies of a roof composite does not show. Any idea why some components don't transfer through?

2. Is there a way to change the settings so that Twinmotion does not arrange elements by materials? For instance, all pine materials from ArchiCAD come through as one layer, and if I want to change the material in Twinmotion of one chair that has that pine material assigned to it, it changes that material throughout the imported project. I'l like to be able to split them up. Is this possible?

Other than those issues, I find Twinmotion relatively easy to work with and you can come out with great renderings and movies fairly quickly.
26 REPLIES 26

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report!

Twinmotion is a product of Epic Games, so unfortunately there's little we can help in this case. I suggest bringing up this issue to Twinmotion support for further investigation.

I hope the issue will be resolved soon!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

im having the same problem but i can not find the twinmotion tab in rhino. can someone help

Maybe you need to ask in a Rhino forum?

And Rhino was not even mentioned in the previous posts, so how can it be the same problem?

This is an Archicad forum.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

the problem is missing objects while importing the model in twinmotion. the answer is to unclick the "optimize the geometry" box and I can't find that because it's under the synchronization’s options which in the twinmotion tap in rhino which i can NOT find.

@donia wrote:

the problem is missing objects while importing the model in twinmotion. the answer is to unclick the "optimize the geometry" box and I can't find that because it's under the synchronization’s options which in the twinmotion tap in rhino which i can NOT find.

But this is an Archicad forum, not Rhino.

If you are using Rhino, you need to go to a Rhino forum.

Or are you saying you know where the setting is in Rhino, but you can't see the same setting in Archicad?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hello Minh, I know this is an old issue, just installed all the latest twinmotion and plugins 2022 and dataexporters but I seem to see some missing parts. I dont have that "optimize the geometry" in the direct link settings.

missing.JPGsetting.JPG
Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000

The original post was talking about the 'Direct Link' add-on.

There is no 'Direct Link' add-on for Archicad 25.

You will have the 'DataSmith' add-on?

This may be completely different - I don't have it installed so can't say for sure.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!