Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Two views...one detail

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am trying to kill two birds with one stone. Have a project with many different room types (assisted living center). Have call out details on the floor plan to an enlarged floor plan for the construction documents. The client now wants those enlarged floor plans in a presentation mode, with solid walls. Right now the walls show the real wall materials. Any way to do that with graphic overrides without changing the original enlarged plan.

Seem to have a hard time accomplishing that. The warning seems to indicate that if I change a view properties, it will change backwards and the originals will be changed. Don't want that to happen. See the warning note attached. I guess I can simply add fills to the walls, but it seems like an old style solution.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
1 REPLY 1
gdford
Advisor
Graphic Overrides are set in each view in the view map.
You can have as many copies of the same view as you need and each with a different graphic override. You set this in View Settings.
REMEMBER - duplicate the existing override - rename it and make changes to the duplicate not the original or you will be changing the graphic override for all of the other views that use the original override.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000