Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unable to change Renovation Status of Stairs

DonDon
Participant

Hi All

I am relearning Archicad after a long hiatus.  It's been going very well and the answers I've needed on this forum and on YouTube have been great.  However....

I have a stair and I can not change its renovation status from existing to demolition.  What am I doing wrong?

I've created a new stairs on both with both demolition and proposed to test this, but then can't change those either.  I'm working in Archicad 22 on a Mac

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Felix,

I had this issue many times with a variety of different elements. Just solve the issue right now with a set of columns that wouldnt change its status. All I did was to change its distance to project zero. As soon as I did that, the Renovation status became available so I could change it. See if it works for you.

henrysaxby
Contributor

Hello,

I'm not sure if this would work with relation to stairs, but I had a similar problem with doors once. Essentially, as the door was placed on a wall marked as 'New Construction,' I couldn't change the door to anything other than 'New Construction,' as it wouldn't be able to have existed in a wall that wasn't there prior. 

Could it be that the stairs are linked to a floor (or both floors) that is marked specifically as 'New Construction' or 'To Be Demolished' and therefore turning off your ability to alter the renovation filter status of that item? 

Hi Felix,

Were you ever able to resolve this? I am running into the same issue with some roof rafters that were modeled as "new" when they should be "demo". The options to change renovation status are greyed out, and I cannot figure out why.

Even when I try to model new rafters, in a window where the construction status is set to "demo" or "existing" I am unable to model them in as existing or demo.