Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unable to control the orientation of dimension labels

shg1993
Participant

Hi there,

I have been struggling lately trying to get the orientation of dimension stringers to be the way up I want them to be. In particular when in the source plan the thing that is being measured is in another orientation.

I have tried both in excerpts from the plan and as a detail and neither works, even when I change the orientation of the drawing. Below are screenshots of when tried as a detail:

Screenshot 2022-05-09 161522.jpg

This is the orientation of this particular wall on the source plan (which I cannot change, as it will affect the entire project):

Screenshot 2022-05-09 161727.jpg

Is there a way to control the rotation of the dimensions that I am overlooking?

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

If you select just the text component of your dimension and then look at the settings, does it show as 'Always Readable' ?

BarryKelly_0-1652147538692.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the suggestion. So I couldn't actually find the option for 'always readable'. In German it should be 'immer lesbar' or similar.. I have found 'horizontaler Text' (i.e. horizontal text), which I have attempted.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 092757.jpg

It does spin the text, but only makes it horizontal relative to the source plan. On the drawing sheet it looks like this, which is still not ideal:

Screenshot 2022-05-10 093103.jpg

Do you have any further thoughts / suggestions?

Many thanks 😊

'Always Readable' is in the text settings for the dimension.

Just select the text part of the dimension and then you will see it in the info box or the settings.

Unfortunately if it is that, you have to select each piece of text separately, as there is no way to select all of the dimension text in one go that I know of.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11