BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unable to edit view window in layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to resize the viewport window, the operation begins, but does not complete. I cannot click to release the viewport size, or use the ESC key to cancel the operation.

In general, working in 2D is slow. Very slow.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It might be useful to note that I recently upgraded to a SSD drive and added 16 gigs of RAM to the 4 GB RAM I originally had. My 3D performance has improved - less lagging. But 2D performance has not improved.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi LINZ,

Perhaps you have Grid Snap turned on in the Layout Book?

Also, as for performance, please see . Unfortunately in this case the Quadro FX series is not recommended. But maybe try this recommendation to see if it improves performance for you:

To reduce the load from your video card, you might try going to Options > Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options and remove the checkboxes from the anti-aliasing options and reduce the 2D Hardware Acceleration to OFF.

What is 2D Hardware Acceleration?
When turned to FULL, all 2D drawing processes are handled by the Video Card and when it is off the software will handle the 2D drawing processes using the CPU. Read more here:

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!