Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Update Settings: Auto vs Manual and Publishing

Johann_P
Advocate

Just to understand.

If a drawing on a layout is set to "Manual Update" rather than "Auto Update", it doesn't seem to ever update, even when I use the Publish function.

Is this correct?

I understood that the Manual vs Auto is only for viewing the the screen to speed up the program so that you don't have to wait for all the drawings to update every time, and that it would update when published even if set to Manual, but it doesn't seem to be the case?

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Yes. That is the intended behaviour to basically keep the drawing in a fixed state until you manually decide it should be updated e.g. you might want to fix the drawings as at a particular stage in the development or approval process.

Help link: Managing & updating placed drawings 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Johann_P
Advocate

Here is an example of a the same schedule.
These 2 side by side have the same source view and its a screenshot from the published set.
So the HAVE to be the same, but one updated, the other one didn't.

But, when I open the layout that didn't update, and I manually update, then the schedule updates correctly.

Archi214.jpg

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Yes. That is the intended behaviour to basically keep the drawing in a fixed state until you manually decide it should be updated e.g. you might want to fix the drawings as at a particular stage in the development or approval process.

Help link: Managing & updating placed drawings 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Johann_P
Advocate

Thanks.

........Easy if you understand this.

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro