Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Update the template used for an existing project

mattandrews
Participant

Hi,

If I've started a project with a particular template, is there a way to update the project based on changes to the template?

Alternatively, is there a way to import master sheets from another template? Or any other item that might be in a template like schedules or lists, etc?

Archicad 24

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can open the Organiser and then open another job on the left hand side.

You can then select the master layouts (or just the layouts) and then drag them into your current job on the right hand side of the organiser.

Note however, that any drawings on those masters or layouts will still be linking to their original job file.

You will need to delete the drawings or re-link them to a view in your current job.

Many other settings (i.e. Model View Options, Graphic Overrides, Favourites, etc.) you will find Import and Export buttons.

For attributes you also have the Attribute Manager.

Pretty much the only thing you can't copy from one file to another is the views in the view map.

These have to be set up in each file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The Merge function might be something you will find useful for what you are wanting to do? 

You might also find the Book Settings Import/Export to be useful.  Sometimes simple copy and paste or an Import is sufficient.   

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Solution
Barry Kelly

You can open the Organiser and then open another job on the left hand side.

You can then select the master layouts (or just the layouts) and then drag them into your current job on the right hand side of the organiser.

Note however, that any drawings on those masters or layouts will still be linking to their original job file.

You will need to delete the drawings or re-link them to a view in your current job.

Many other settings (i.e. Model View Options, Graphic Overrides, Favourites, etc.) you will find Import and Export buttons.

For attributes you also have the Attribute Manager.

Pretty much the only thing you can't copy from one file to another is the views in the view map.

These have to be set up in each file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I had no idea you could do that.

That's brilliant.

Thanks