Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Updated to 6000, Issue with AC25 Office Template

ksjhawk
Enthusiast

Updated to 6000, now have "Cannot read Plan file" message for AC25 Office Template.

Anyone else having this or other issues with 6000?

MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

As with so many of these things, I step back and experiment a little more and figure out that it is user error. The last template file must have been corrupted. I restored an older version and it opens fine. I feel shame.

Thanks for your reply though Barry.

OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Are you sure you are opening the template in Archicad 25 (and not 24 ) and it is build 6000 of 25 you are using?

There was an issue in that newer builds could not be opened in older builds of 25.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Let-s-get-started/Archicad-Keeps-Getting-Better-Archicad-25-Upda...

Just make sure you do have only 6000 installed and you are trying to open it in 25 and not 24.

Have you tried the 'Open & Repair' option of opening the file (open Archicad and browse for the file - you will see an 'Open & Repair option').

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

As with so many of these things, I step back and experiment a little more and figure out that it is user error. The last template file must have been corrupted. I restored an older version and it opens fine. I feel shame.

Thanks for your reply though Barry.

OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5