BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Upside Down Elevations

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ok, now I've seen it all... Just created individual elevations to create a GRAPHIC WINDOW SCHEDULE (just because)... Placed 15 of them on a sheet and they all come out UPSIDE DOWN?

I can rotate them, but it messes up the TITLE TYPE that fills in the bottom of the box (and quite frankly, this is just wrong)...

There is no ORIENTATION (rotated user coordinate system) in Elevation... They show as if they are placed at 0 deg.

Anyone?

UpsideDOWN.jpg
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
10 REPLIES 10
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
note that rotating the drawing to it's correct position puts all the text upside down... ugh..
UpsideDOWN2.jpg
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Eduardo Rolon
I have seen this bug when in the floor plan you have a rotated grid (not in elevation) and then you create the save view from the Elevation.

Solution is to reset the Grid and update the "Zoom Setting" in the View Map.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Today I managed to get an elevation to appear backwards right to left
(mirror). I managed to fix it by deleting the view and elevation marker and then placing the elevation marker again and creating a new elevation view.

It is operator error I could not reproduce but the point is it should not be possible.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Eduardo....

Spot ON... I am able to FIX them...

But... I am using a CLONE for these elevation and no matter how I reset the view options... every NEW elevation that gets added... comes in first as upside down and I have to MANUALLY correct each one.

Bugger as there will be well over 150 windows and doors to "elevate"
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
Duane,
If you have a cloned view set up then don't change the properties of each view as you create the elevations.
Try changing the properties of the folder the views are in.
Once set all new views should take on those proerties..
Barry.
clone_view.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I will investigate to see if this bug is in our database and if not I will enter it.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
@Barry.... Your suggestion did not work for me.... Changing the CLONE attributes not only did not change the existing views to correct... but NEW elevations are still coming in upside down.

I have to manually open each elevation (source view)... then EDIT VIEW SETTINGs and choose FIT IN WINDOW..

Keep in mind that opening source view ALWAYS showed the elevation in correct orientation... only the display on the LAYOUT was incorrect.

Oddly enough, I do NOT have to adjust the coordinate system for my method above to work... Even if it is left in the ROTATED state in plan, the FIT TO WINDOW will correct the view in the layout.

And I HAVE to OPEN up each elevation... If I just choose them in the VIEW MAP and say FIT TO WINDOW... it does NOT correct it....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the same problem and managed to solve it by deleting and recreating the clone folder.

I hope it helps

Hello All,

Just wanted to report this error occurs in Archicad 25 ( Date 12.21.21 ) . I'm still working on the solution, but for now here is the issue. When I 'Place' images into my Layouts they are upside-down. Rotating works, but also rotates the Title of the image (which I need). There is no way of correcting the Title to work as needed. To clarify the upside-down is a 180 degree rotation of the image, although reads 0 (zero).  The same is occurring with new Window and Door Schedules, as I attempt to place on a Layout Sheet.  Reference screen shots below :

WPA.png

upsidedown.png

Learn and get certified!