BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

VBE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using the Educational Version of VBE, Can I get the walk through I created to play back using quick time, or windows media player? I created a walk through to show, and can play it back using VBE, but I would like to play it back on a different computer to show critics that doesn't have VBE. Any help is appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
The other person doesn't need their own copy of VBE - it produces a self-running .exe file that anyone can use on their machine. See the sample projects at the bottom of this page - http://www.graphisoft.com/products/virtual-building-explorer/. I can run them and I don't have VBE installed.

Another alternative if you just wanted them to send them a video of your walk-through would be to use a program like FRAPS which records whatever is visible on the screen and saves it as a video.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I understand that anyone can play the walkthrough, but I can't find where it stores my video file. I have recorded a walkthrough, but can only watch it when in VBE. When I take snapshots, it gives me a file that I can open. But for video, I can't find the file. Also it won't allow me to do any more recordings unless I export the model from Archicad again. Any ideas about this would help a bunch. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for introducing me to FRAPS, this should work so I can show classmates/professors my walkthroughs. I would like to be able to skip this step and just record walkthroughs using VBE and be able to play them back. What else can I try?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The full instructions for VBE are linked to at the bottom of the page I linked to. Here is the direct link -

http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/downloads/vbe/GRAPHISOFT_VBE_User_Guide.pdf

This is the relevant paragraph on page 7 that should help with locating the file produced -
Saving VBE Projects
Once the AC model is exported into VBE, you can save the project in the native VBE self-running application file format:
1) Press the ESCAPE key on your keyboard to access the VBE menus.
2) Click on the File menu.
3) Choose the operating system (Windows/Mac OS X) on which you want to open the self-running project file.
4) Select the preferred project file location and enter the name of the VBE file.
5) The VBE project is saved as a self-running application file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Youtube
This is a vbe presentation that i recorded in my computer and them upload to youtube. This client has and underpower machine that can´t initiliase vbe.
This form you can guide the walktrough to the most important part of your design.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice video, Jose!

What software did you use to record the walkthrough and convert it to video?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Nice video, Jose!

What software did you use to record the walkthrough and convert it to video?
Thanks,
Screenflow (mac) and Imovie to edit and convert.
Learn and get certified!