BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Vector Graphics

shueda
Participant
Hi All,

I know that Archicad is essentially a vector graphics program. However, I would like native graphics sufficient for diagrams for things such as early concepts and life safety plans (see attached image from the web). Does anyone have a native solution for this, or do I need to bring in an Illustrator aspect to the workflow?

Many thanks in advance,

Greg
Greg Shue, AIA; Shue Design Associates, PLLC; Architecture & Planning; Holden Beach, NC
www.shueda.com

Windows 11 Pro x64; Archicad 26, update 4022 USA Full; NVIDIA GeForce 3080 8gb; Intel i9; 32gb RAM
3 REPLIES 3
shueda
Participant
Nothing?
Greg Shue, AIA; Shue Design Associates, PLLC; Architecture & Planning; Holden Beach, NC
www.shueda.com

Windows 11 Pro x64; Archicad 26, update 4022 USA Full; NVIDIA GeForce 3080 8gb; Intel i9; 32gb RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Greg,

You need to be patient, waiting 5hrs for a response on a user forum is not a long time, especially when there are much more important things happening in peoples professional and personal lives at present.

You can indeed produce the drawings that you are after in Archicad, you can use the 2d tools (lines, poly lines, circles arcs etc ) and simply draw the lines on their own layer / view / worksheet / detail. You could apply graphic overrides to hilight fire and smoke walls. You could use library objects or fills for directional arrows. Just spend a bit of time and effort and you’ll be able to work it out.

Scott
shueda
Participant
Scott,

Thanks for that.
www.shueda.com

Learn and get certified!