Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

View Options "missing"

lapishawaii
Participant

Since Archicad 22, more than half of our saved drawing view option settings need to be reset each time we open a file. The program says the setting is “missing”, even though the exact saved name is present (to which the drawing had been linked when the file was last closed). With up to a hundred saved drawings per file, this process has been demanding a substantial amount of non-billable time.

Attached are screen shots showing the missing view option for a drawing and the view option control panel showing the exact name that is “missing”.

I have been asking Graphisoft for a solution for the past two years without any resolution.  So I am now reaching out, out of total frustration. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

This normally happens if someone has replaced the view setting whether it be a Graphic Override or Model View Option. Even if the replacement has the exact same name Archicad doesn’t recognise it as being the same and shows it as missing. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thank you so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately in our situation even when the Graphic Overrides or Model View Options have not been changed the missing View Options still appear. I can open a file, reset all the missing View Options so I can print a drawing set, then save and close the file without changing anything else. The next time I open the file I need to once again reset the view options.  

Eduardo Rolon

This is something I wrote almost 20 years ago that might be worth to try.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/possible-alternative-to-forward-merge-for-corrupt-A...

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator