BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

View cone angle in 3D

rjwilden
Booster
I have been asked to provide a perspective render of a house from a specified distance ie 500m away. In selecting view cone angle what should I choose to show an image that the human eye would also see.

Thanks Richard.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
but who's eyes? everyone's different; young to old; etc; etc... the eyes also see pretty much the full 180º - but peripheral vision cannot be faked by the computer (again - everyone's different)... the size ratio of your rendering will also affect the view 'angle' . . . (i find somewhere between 69º to 74º works for me)

take a look here for some ideas:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=48895&highlight=angle#48895

... but really you should remember that your image composition is something you need to be happy with to sell the 'idea', whatever that might be . . . so play around a bit!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
rjwilden
Booster
The reason for wanting to compose this image is the client has asked me to show the bulk of the building from the specified location. So the view need to reflect what an average person ( whoever that may be ) would see.
Dunedin, New Zealand.
__archiben
Booster
rjwilden wrote:
So the view need to reflect what an average person ( whoever that may be ) would see.
take a photo and 'align view' . . . or do it so that it looks right! (are you an "average person?!")

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
To do this right, a distance of 500 feet is too great. The average person would see an entire city block at this distance.

If you do not have a photo for a background, use an angle of sixty degrees. Not too wide and not too narrow. Edible porridge.
Dwight Atkinson
rjwilden
Booster
I think I will get the owner to send a photo down and use Artlantis to position the building so it looks about right.

Richard.
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Djordje
Ace
rjwilden wrote:
I think I will get the owner to send a photo down and use Artlantis to position the building so it looks about right.
Have to check R, but Art•Lantis 4.5 did have Align view that worked.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
That's a Goldilocks reference: porridge too hot, porridge too cold.....
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!