Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

View expanded when rendering

derekjackson
Enthusiast
Hi, I'm just trying out rendering with AC21's 'Align Verticals' option ticked for the first time.

It seems that what is displayed in my 3D Window doesn't match the rendered output - the render seems to show more of the scene, as if the Field of View has been increased.

Both windows are set to the same ratio, so it's not a cropping issue due to that.

Has anyone else had this? Any idea how to get more predictable results?
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It's a bug, a very annoying one at that.

It helps if you have saved your view as a placed camera.

Render your view, abort the render, double click the saved camera in the project map, re-apply 2 point perspective. This should force everything back to normal for one render. If you do another render, it is the same process again.

This also happens with sketch render engine.

It's made doing renders in AC21 quite a chore.

Edit: also make sure you have Render Safe Frame on.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
mikas
Expert
You might have encountered this behavior:
VIEW SHIFTS WHEN RENDERING AXONOMETRY
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
derekjackson
Enthusiast
Thanks folks. Your workflow for getting round it didn't seem to make a difference initially.

However, when I started deliberately moving the view elsewhere in 3D, then double clicking in Project Map to return to the camera position, it started working. Hope that helps!
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello All,

Based on the description it sounds a lot like a known issue with ARCHICAD that was fixed in the 7000 update we just released (fix #242305). Please install the update, and see if that solves the problem for you.

The issue should be solved in the released version of ARCHICAD 22 (30xx) as well.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit