BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Virtual Building Explorer License

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have purchased VBE and have an issue with activating the license. I can get it to activate fine but after a while it seems that the license expires. I have been told by graphisoft that I need to turn off virus protection and the firewall, which I have done but it still seems to expire after a certain period of time.

If some one could help me configure my firewall and virus software so this stops happening that would be great as GS are taking there time helping me out and I feel as if I'm getting told the same thing over again with out fixing the problem
11 REPLIES 11
RandyC
Advocate
same thing happened here , I asked Graphisoft to let me know what address was being accessed so that I could set my virus protection but
so far they have not replied. I suspect there is a port or a http address that needs to be given permission to run , maybe telling the address will compromise the protection ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Karl Ottenstein
Same thing here. Not a big deal to run license manager to reactivate it if an internet connection is available - but you're stuck if not.

In contrast, Artlantis stays activated until you actually deactivate it over the internet.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't mind having to activate it evertime I use it but the fact you are only allowed to activate it a limited number of times a day could be a problem
David Collins
Advocate
I have to renew the license once a week. Does anyone with the VBE not have this problem? Is it just some of us or is this just the way the software protection is supposed to work?
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
RandyC
Advocate
I had a lot of trouble with the Add-on after purchase - Graphisoft has tracked it down to virus protection interference. I suspect this is the same problem.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using VBE for a couple of months now and never had this problem. I run AVG antivirus but have the firewall turned off. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Tunde Omajtenyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

We had many reports about this problem. The developer has fixed it, please got to this page to download the Hotfix:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad-solutions/virtual-building-explorer/vbe-trial-version.ht...

Have a nice day,
Tünde Ómajtényi
Graphisoft Technical Support
David Collins
Advocate
Thank you, Graphisoft, for taking care of this.
I hope this means you will continue to develop VBE in ArchiCAD.
Its about time we got over the old movie frame-by-frame mentality and got serious about exploring virtual space.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Hi Tünde

Any idea on ETA of Mac VBE ?
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au