Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

W.I.P Interiors

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is something i started earlier this year. I'm now getting back to it. Questions & Comments are welcomed.
18 REPLIES 18
Dwight
Newcomer
I can't understand how a modern (1856) color like mauve - a kind of purple - hasn't made it to your island home, blending as it does so well with the turquoise waves.

Further Reading:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393020053/103-1956809-6490242?v=glance&n=283155

values: 133, 100, 125
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I added the mauve color like you said and here is the shot
Master Bedroom008.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
swell.
If you keep increasing the ambient power, it will become even less murky.

Try full power ambient.

THEN, make ambient 200% in the Photorendering Settings dialog.

I'm trying to show how ambinet power eliminates blackness in shadows - a sinister effect.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
updated with the ambient at 200%
Dwight
Newcomer
So what do you think?
You see how ambient light creates ambience?
And eliminates that nasty murkiness?
But now, everything glows like circus candy.

So what you need to do is balance the ambient energy. Is the correct amount 1/2 or 3/4 the amount in the last image?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
swell.
If you keep increasing the ambient power, it will become even less murky.

Try full power ambient.

THEN, make ambient 200% in the Photorendering Settings dialog.

I'm trying to show how ambinet power eliminates blackness in shadows - a sinister effect.
What happens if you adjust the ambient power in the 'more sun' setting? I thought I saw something about it in your book, but now can't find it again... Are they linked?
Dwight
Newcomer
I meesed up in the book. It wasn't clear.

Normally, in the photo rendering dialog, you keep Sun at 100 and Ambient at 100.

These setting modulate the REAL sun and ambient values that are set in the Camera dialog

So when I tell a guy to go to 200, it is doubling the effect of the real Ambient setting - beyond the normal intensity range.

The supplement to my book for ArchiCAD 10 is almost ready - anyone who uses LightWorks in ArchiCAD should have the purchased the book by now. The supplement is free with book registration.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Normally, in the photo rendering dialog, you keep Sun at 100 and Ambient at 100.
... and so when adjusting ambient light, should it be in the 'more sun' dialog?

Sorry for being a bit slow (been in london too long, the smog dulls the brain.)
Dwight
Newcomer
Your basic sun and ambient values are established through the Camera dialog.

In the Photorendering Dialog, those values can be multiplied to exceed 100, but why bother...

It turns out that boosting ambient by saying "150%" makes renderings less murky.
Dwight Atkinson