Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

WINDOW AND DOOR MARKERS IN ELEVATIONS.

Quirk
Contributor
IN ARCHICAD 22 HOW DOES ONE PLACE WINDOW AND DOOR MARKERS ON WINDOWS AND DOORS IN SECTION AND ELEVATION DRAWINGS?
AC 23 USA
macOS 11.6.1
2.6GHz
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Quirk:

Set up a Label for your preferred settings, select the Windows and Doors, then use the Label Selected Elements command.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum. No need to shout, we can hear you fine.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Quirk
Contributor
How can one get the window and door markers to show in section and elevation views?
AC 23 USA
macOS 11.6.1
2.6GHz
Eduardo Rolon
Read here,

Basically you will apply a Label to the Window/Door in the Elevation/Section

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49612
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Quirk
Contributor
I was hoping for something automatic, where the elevation is linked to the plan view. So a change in the plan view would show on the elevations, and a change in the elevations would show in the plan view. I may be mistaken but I recall doing this with an earlier ArchiCAD version.
AC 23 USA
macOS 11.6.1
2.6GHz
Eduardo Rolon
open elev or section
Select all windows
Use “Label Selected Elements”
Done

Is almost automatic.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Quirk
Contributor
Very good, I knew there had to be a simple method.
Thanks
AC 23 USA
macOS 11.6.1
2.6GHz
Quirk
Contributor
Sorry I left cap locks on.
thanks for the note about the signature.
AC 23 USA
macOS 11.6.1
2.6GHz
Karl Ottenstein
Quirk: You had two identical questions in two separate forums. I've merged all posts into this topic, as this is a Construction Documentation issue. Please do not ask the same question more than once...pick the most appropriate forum. Thanks.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB