Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall Corner Connections problems in different view

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Hi - wondering if anyone knows what is happening with my wall connections. In the Main Floor Plan - Existing, the exterior walls are cleaning up nicely at the corners (see attached screenshot), but when I change to a my site plan layer combinations, the corners are suddenly not cleaning up at all. As far as I can see, all the settings (i.e. Graphic Overrides, MVO and Renovations filters are all set to the same settings in both views). At a loss to understand why this is happening.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

Since I can see that Layer Combinations differ between these two views, you should first check if the layer on which you've placed your walls has proper Intersection Group.
Layers assigned to Intersection Group number 1 join only to layers with number 1, etc.; Intersection Group number 0 doesn't join with anything, even with elements on the same layer.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

Since I can see that Layer Combinations differ between these two views, you should first check if the layer on which you've placed your walls has proper Intersection Group.
Layers assigned to Intersection Group number 1 join only to layers with number 1, etc.; Intersection Group number 0 doesn't join with anything, even with elements on the same layer.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Thanks very much Lukasz! That was indeed the problem. I did not know that the group number could be adjusted in different layer combinations - yet another layer of complexity
Problem solved.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)