Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall End Tool For Complex Profiles

JCCARLOS91
Enthusiast

Hi,

I've been through several posts already regarding applying wall end tools for complex profiles. I still cannot find a solution to this issue.

I hoping there is a solution to this now with Archicad 25.

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

I don't think we will see a fix for this anytime soon, but you never know.

The way I deal with capping Complex Profiles beams is to create a new profile based on the outline of the beam with a single material. You should be able to do the same with walls.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly

Basic and composite walls have parallel sides and the same building materials in skins from the bottom to the top of the wall.

Complex profile walls do not have to have parallel sides and they can have any number of building materials along the height of the wall.

The wall ends are just objects an can not cope with the randomness of the complex profiles.

That is why they can not be used with complex profile walls.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi,

Thank for this response but I'm afraid I'm gonna need further description on this process. If you could direct me to another topic discussion for me to follow, that would be great. Thank you!

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the response. What you said does makes sense.

I do hope in the future there would be way for Archicad to do this.

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019