Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall Finish made with wall end tool is being displayed in the core only view .

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a 'wall end tool' with a cut and uncut composite wall. (See fig 1)
In the brick wall layout, I don't want to show the finishes. So in this layout, I use "core Only' as a structural display.

The wall end should not display in the floor plan at the "core only view'. This is the basic logic. This logic is working properly with the cut wall but not working with the uncut wall. (See fig-2)
I checked all possible option in wall end tool ( see FIG-4)

Here is the pln file . Please if you can check this 2 wall (See Fig 3 )
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AldBT0rssBuccLUJ5aoAica_1x8VeI9O?usp=sharing
6 REPLIES 6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Avi,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

I was able to replicate this issue with a new file. Unfortunately, I do not have any explanation for it! Therefore, I have asked for some help from the development team to troubleshoot this. Once I have an answer I will let you know!

Thank you once again, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I received an answer from our developers. It turned out to be a limitation of the Wall End object rather than a defect. Wall Ends behaves similarly to a Window: under the cut plane, it is not visible. Since the Wall End is not "shown" at all when it is under the cut plane, switching between PSD options does not really affect the end of the Wall in 2D.

The object probably would need to be completely rewritten (and/or rewritten wall also), so it would be a large project in order to fix this.

A possible workaround may be using profiled columns instead of wall ends, to turn skins. You'll have to create one end-profile for each composite you want to terminate, so take a few more minutes to set up than regular wall ends (please see the screenshot). But they are correct in 3D cuts too (including 3D documents). But those may have other unwanted side-effects.

Or in simpler cases, just adding an extra piece of the same composite wall in an L-joint can also do the trick - see attached image.

I hope this helps you with the issue. If you have any further question feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Minn,
It's really nice to hear from you again. Can you please share with me a tutorial about the 'composite wall in an L-joint'? I will try it and give you feedback later.

I faced another Issue for the same wall joint. This issue is not related to the wall end tool but with the 'uncut wall joint '.
When two uncut wall meets the joining line get vanished, which is not practical. (See fig-2). This problem will mislead the mason. The Mason will think this two wall is of the same height, due to the lack of joining line.

Have a good day
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Avi,

Please follow the GIF below to create the L joint:

Regarding the walls being joint automatically, you can set the 2 walls into 2 different layers, and change the layer's Intersection group (so let's say keep the original one as "1", and move another wall to another layer, give it group "2"). This is another topic. The article below will give you some more explanations about how to implement it:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88372/

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Minn,
I am really greatful to you . Your suggestion regarding 'wall joint' is working properly. Although we talked about the same topic recently that discussion was fruitless.

I do have another unsolved topic regarding wall end. How can I use wall end in a complex profile. What should be best practice to apply wall end in a complex profile wall / sunshed/ other element?

Sincerely
AVI
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Avi,

Thank you for the feedback! Unfortunately, the Wall End tool can only work with composite and single-skin walls only. We would need a big overhaul to the tool in order for it to work with complex profile walls. I recommend modeling it with Column tool instead.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT