BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall Label

TracyGA
Contributor
I am working on a foundation plan and wanted to use the new option for the NCS Wall Label 21 to reference the type of my wall composite/complex profile which I have placed after the ":" in the title. It worked great for the labels, but it seems that there is no way to then reference this number in my foundation wall schedule. Am I missing something or is this true?. If I cannot reference the type I've given in the name of my foundation wall and have to use the Element ID as I used before, it seems to me that there really is no benefit to this new feature.
6 REPLIES 6
cmorel
Participant
Same exact question!
Did you figure it out?
Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB
I do it by naming the Wall Types WALL TYPE-1, WALL TYPE-2, WALL TYPE-3.... and use the - as the Trimming Character for Wall Type ID.

I make a Wall Types Legend using a short section of wall/composite and save this at a large scale drawing I put in a Layout. The Walls in Plan View show as Core Only with a wall tag ( NCS Wall Type 21 )
Label the composites in the Wall Legend with NCS Wall Type 21 and Skin List 21.
The wall tag in Plan View showing simple two line core only displays the wall type number ( the part of the composite name after the - .

In the Interactive Schedule I use Composite starts with WALL TYPE and generate a schedule with the total length and volume of each Wall Type in the WALL LEGEND.

There are many options for this but the basic idea is to show walls in Plan View as simple 2 line/no fills/core only to keep the Plans clean. Add a Wall Tag that matches a large scale Wall Legend with the same wall tag, and also with the Wall Skins label.
And also include a schedule for the walls/composites that shows how many lineal feet of each Wall Type.
You can of course add other info like volume, surface areas....whatever you need.

Something like this I like to use the large scale views of the Wall Types / Composites even if I show all the skins and wall fills in Plan View like this +/- You can keep the wall/composite segments use for the wall types legend out of the schedules by putting them on a layer called WALL TYPES and then excluding that from the Criteria.

There are some unfortunate limitations with the Wall Skins Label for doing this exactly like I wish I could but that may be something they will fix in future versions. I would ask for those little fixes but they are too much trouble to explain in words. I hope the program developers will see what I am trying to do and get the idea of how they could facilitate this with some tweaking of the Wall Skins Label.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
I make a Wall Types Legend using a short section of wall/composite and save this at a large scale drawing I put in a Layout. The Walls in Plan View show as Core Only with a wall tag ( NCS Wall Type 21 )
Label the composites in the Wall Legend with NCS Wall Type 21 and Skin List 21.
The wall tag in Plan View showing simple two line core only displays the wall type number ( the part of the composite name after the - .
Where can I get this NCS Wall Label? I'm also tryng to make short tags on plans and sections which are based on the composites. Next to the drawing I would like to put a skin list of all composites based on the drawing. I really like Your type of presentation. Till now I made this by manualy renaming every walls ID based on the composite.
Lingwisyer
Guru
I believe it is part of the US localised library...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Is there any other way to get access to this tool? we don't have this option on our (NZ) version of Archicad
Thanks
these are the labels we have in the USA version

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!