Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall Pens Wrapping Incorrectly with Current Release

Anonymous
Not applicable
After recently updating to the newest version of Archicad 22, I noticed my wall pen colors were wrapping inconsistently depending on if it is an inside or outside corner (see attached images). After saving it down to Archicad 21, the problem is solved meaning the issue is with the current build. Hopefully, there is a fix for this soon.
7 REPLIES 7
This works differently in AC22 than AC21, although I don't really know why this was changed. If you want the end cap for the gypsum board material to match the outside line, you will need to set the pen for the gypsum board to match. (i.e. change the line pen to 7 for gypsum board.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard,

Thanks for your reply. Changing the material fill pen to "Pen 7" solves the issue at outside corners but creates a similar issue at interior corners (see attached). After my last post, I reinstalled Archicad 22 with the previous version and the problem stopped. This bug could be tied to the new incremental drawing feature as there were several improvements made regarding this feature in the most recent update. Regardless, this is a problem Graphisoft needs to fix before I will update again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the interior corner example with the pen set to 7. For some reason, it did not attach in the post above.
Not exactly sure why you are doing a single material as a "composite," but if you are trying to get a different lineweight on each side, you can add a 0" thickness material, so the result would be something like the attached.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Richard, the 0 thickness layer is a good fix for now. I'm using a single material composite so I can create a bold exterior line with a thin interior. There is not a way to do this with a basic wall structure to my knowledge.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Chris,

Just want to clarify the situation, so you are not in doubt. There was a feature included in the first update of AC22 (build 40xx) that made the skin connections more realistic, following the rules they have been connecting in 3D for years. Reinstalling solved your issue because in the released version without the update (build 30xx) this is not implemented yet. This issue is further explained and debated in this other topic:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62618

Thanks for the pictures and the explanation of your workflow. We are working on fixing/fine-tuning this feature, and this input is very valuable in that (this is a legit use case that wasn't taken into account). If I have further information about this, I will post to the other Topic.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel,

Thanks for your response and clarification on the issue. Balancing the realistic construction with the graphic representation can be a troublesome issue. One possible resolution would be implementing a graphic override similar to the complex profile override which gives a uniform pen to the object's profile or "air line". I am unsure how difficult a feature like this would be to add, but it would simplify a lot of aspects in both plan and section.

Thanks again for your response.

Chris

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!