Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall build ups:

ivorhession
Booster
Hey all,

A problem I'm not sure how to fix!

This could relate to a wall or roof but for this i will use a wall as an example.

I am trying to create a timber frame wall with the following build up.
Raised seem zinc.
12mm Plywood.
19x50mm Cross Battens.
19x50mm Vertical Battens.
Breather membrane.
9mm OSB Board.
Timber frame (150mm studs)
100mm PIR insulation between studs.
62.5mm Insulation backed plaster board. (50mm insulation / 12.5mm plasterboard)
Gypsum skim coat.

I have modelled this to look correct, as the screen grab below shows by building the wall build up as it is noted on the screen grab, but this has left me with 2 problems that i cant find a solution for.
1 - the insulated plasterboard is a single product applied as one skin, but as the build up is made up of two skins it i cant note it correctly in the build up.
2. The timber stud is coming up as 50mm rather than 150mm - this is because i have created a material / skin which is a void that is named as 'timber frame'- and then the studs are modelled separately into the space in which they sit.

So my questions are -
Is there a way to construct skins so that in a label 2 skins are picked up as 1? (i.e. for the insulated plasterboard)
Is there a way to create a label that I can tweak the dims - so that I could override the 50mm to make it 150mm (i.e. for the timber frame issue)
Or
Is there a simpler way to build this that I'm missing?

Cheers

Ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We add autotext fields to Project Info for these kind of lists. Added benefit is that you can use them in labels in details. If you change the field, it will automatically change everywhere you've linked the autotext.

Copy and paste between different files can become fiddly, but I do not want to add vapor screens and such to composites and don't know how to make studded walls other than what you describe.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
ivorhession
Booster
Thanks Erwin,

That is a super fix, can build a few auto texts for common build ups in my template and then they will be good to go in each new project as well...

cheers

ivor
Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
This is what we've done too: just add some fields for walls, roofs, floors, sub-floors etc to the template so the copy paste works a bit better.

You can export your entire project info to xml and import it. So with some clever editing you can quickly swap between files too.

Another tip: you can divide up the description in to a few autotext fields and combine them as needed. For some more complex projects this might make changes quicker.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5