Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall niche on windows glazing area?

pgalante
Contributor

The object "Rectangular wall niche" is calculated inside the zone "windows glazing area".

Is there a way to avoid it?

Schermata 2022-03-28 alle 19.29.16.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I think this is a limitation or we could call it a consequence. If you check the Wall Niche, you will see that it is placed with the Window tools, so for Archicad internally, it is a Window element type so its area is correctly included in the Windows Area value of the Zone.

If you have AC23 or later I would recommend that you use the Opening tool to place a niche in the Wall, the value of which will not be included in the Windows Glazing Area.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I think this is a limitation or we could call it a consequence. If you check the Wall Niche, you will see that it is placed with the Window tools, so for Archicad internally, it is a Window element type so its area is correctly included in the Windows Area value of the Zone.

If you have AC23 or later I would recommend that you use the Opening tool to place a niche in the Wall, the value of which will not be included in the Windows Glazing Area.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27