Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall projecting on floor above

tomyg
Booster

Hi all, 

I'm waniting to get the walls showing above on a set of plans. I've setup the walls to have all the correct settings.

tomyg_1-1633388731333.png

Now, the wall with the red arrow to it is the problem, i want to dispaly the frame & brick. same as the wall adjacent to it. The height is differet to the other wall. I've played with the 2d floor plane cutting plane options but have had no luck. I've seen people with a similar probelm while searching the forums but with no solid answer yet. 

tomyg_0-1633388700253.png

Floor plan is set on 'ground floor ceiling' trying to view walls inbetween ground and ground floor ceiling

tomyg_2-1633388892965.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tomyg
Booster

i've been looking deeper into it today, with how i've got it set up if i change the top view to current story in the FPCP settings then they all show up the same just without the cut fills in the walls. So all walls are just an outline and white internal, which i think will be enough for the floor framing plans. 

I guess the important part for me was making sure it was all still part of the model. As we have a team of 7, designs get sent around the team a lot so good to have it all connected. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There are at least (4) ways to do that I can think of.  The Trace Reference Tool,  Graphic Display Options/Overrides, Overlaying Views in a Layout, or even some ways to quickly make a copy of the wall fills that you can use place in other Views.   I use all of these methods from time to time.  Quite often I end up making a set of Wall Fills for each floor because I uses them in so many ways for each project.   Before I describe how to do this in all (4) ways, which way are you most interested in learning how to do first ?  Here are some examples of how I use them. 

2021-10-04_18-44-25.jpg2021-10-04_18-40-48.jpg2021-10-04_18-39-38.jpg2021-10-04_18-38-42.jpg 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Solution
tomyg
Booster

i've been looking deeper into it today, with how i've got it set up if i change the top view to current story in the FPCP settings then they all show up the same just without the cut fills in the walls. So all walls are just an outline and white internal, which i think will be enough for the floor framing plans. 

I guess the important part for me was making sure it was all still part of the model. As we have a team of 7, designs get sent around the team a lot so good to have it all connected.