Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Walls after demolition leave gaps in insulation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I have really annoying problem with renovation tool.

I have existing structural wall (and others too), that I wish to partially demolish. It goes up to the existing roof, which is going to stay as it is.

In "after demolition" the place where roof and wall have been connected is lacking insulation. I get it, this is how it will be in real life, but how to fill it manually or make archicad to fill it?

I don't really need great 3d, but it would be nice, but it is also visible in sections, which is unnacteptable.

help?:(

EDIT: this is even worse, the gap appears also in "existing" if there is a wall planned in the future...
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you use the Trim to Roof/Shell command on the Wall?
Try to use Solid Element Operations on it, with the Roof being the operator, and Subtracting it with Upward Extrusion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you LaszloNagy, that helped!

Yes, this is what I used, I didn't realise, that there is a difference.

BUT
It kinda worked... But then on the section wall finishes where the interior finish of the roof is. I would like it to go trough finishes and insulation (or maybe halfway trough, but I guess that would be too much to ask). Is it even possible?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I had the feeling that would be your next question. In that case you should use the 'trim to roof/shell' command and play around with the intersection priorities of the building materials of the wall and roof. Make sure that the intersection priority of the building material of the roof structure is stronger than that of the wall structure. Then the structure of the wall will cut the roof finish but not the roof structure.

FYI: the main difference between the 'trim to roof/shell' command and solid element operations is that the former cuts skin by skin, while in case of solid element operations one element cuts the other element, skins are not considered.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27