BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Walls in back of house show black.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a home and when I go look in 3D view, the sun is in the front which shows everything I need, but in the back where I have stone walls, they show as black.

I know I can swing the sun around to show, but is there anyway to turn off the sun and just have light everywhere? I don't need a sun study or anything, I just need everything visible at all times.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Erich
Contributor
In the 3D Window settings you can turn off the sun shadows. ArchiCAD will still give you differences between planes by shading elements but you won't have the strong shadows. You can also go into the Perspective Settings >> More Sun and play around with the Sunlight and Ambient light levels until you get what you want to see.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I already have that turned off. What I am seeing and do not need is like a realistic sun and shadows. I need that sucker to be bright on all sides. Here is a picture of how the back of the house shows. I need to be able to in real time spin this house around and have the same bright light showing on the back as on the front.
Barry Kelly
It is not so much the shadows being cast as the amount of sun and ambient light and the % of sun included in the ambient light as Erich mentioned.

Also the material (or I should now say Surface) settings will have an impact.
For example here is the same material but with different Reflection > Ambient settings.
Other settings in the materials may also have an effect as well.

Barry.
surface_settings.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find that setting, searched on there. My deadline is coming. I will just work round it. thanks though/
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are those walls composites, with air as one of the skins? There was a bug with air skins that made the surface black. Perhaps it still exists? Try a wall with no air skin.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!